Thanks to You, More Girls are Rising Above Poverty
Posted on November 27 2017
Dear Same Sky Supporters,
This year, the Same Sky Foundation has created meaningful opportunity for girls in Rwanda and women in the U.S. Through our programs, lives have been changed by scholarships, micro-grants, leadership development courses, and training that builds the hard skills and confidence needed for academic and professional success.
Because of you...
Same Sky Foundation scholars are among some of the best students in Rwanda.
- Diane Akimana Mukundwa graduated from the FAWE School, ranking in the top 1% of her class.
- Rosine Akingeneye graduated at the top of her class, pursued English tutorials in Kigali while working on college applications. She's chasing her dream of becoming a college graduate.
Evelyne Muvadimwe is an accomplished student as well as top performer in national examinations. Her success at FAWE is helping her pursue her dreams of working in the aviation industry.
Same Sky Foundation grant recipients are helping to change the narrative about gender-based poverty, once job acceptance at a time.
- Judith, a mother of four, accepted a position with A J Security. Without a grant from the Same Sky Foundation, the application processing fees would have prevented her from securing the job.
- Kimberly, a single mother, was able to enroll her children in daycare. Knowing that her kids were under supervision gave her greater freedom to expand her job search.
- Vanity's hard work and dedication did not go unnoticed. Her Same Sky Foundation grant enabled her to handle the application processing fees for her new job as a cafeteria aide, giving her children a better life.
The Same Sky Foundation is dedicated to creating everyday success stories... and our work depends on you. Click here to learn how you make our mission possible.